If it’s been your lifelong dream to see up-close how a mountain expedition works, you won’t want to miss this: an opportunity to hike up to Camp 1, at 5700m on Ama Dablam, Nepal, with record-breaking British Mountaineer, Holly Budge.
Holly, who I interviewed back in April, is fresh from summiting Everest and has a second climb of Ama Dablam in her sights. She’s now organising a special group of 15 trekkers to hike with her up to 5700m, in tandem with her own expedition to scale Ama Dablam.
Best news of all? You don’t need any previous trekking experience.
The trek: A hike up to Camp 1 at 5700m on Ama Dablam in Nepal, led by world record holding adventurer and mountaineer, Holly Budge, in conjunction with Summit Climb
No. of places: 15
When: October 10 – 30th 2017
Expedition length: 20 days starting and finishing in Kathmandu, Nepal
Level of fitness required: Moderate
Trekking experience: None required
Full service cost: £2250, excluding international flights. Cost includes all permits
- A rare chance to trek with a world record holding mountaineer, Holly’s expedition will allow you to veer off the beaten path and up to Camp 1 on Ama Dablam at 5700m.
- A unique opportunity to acclimatise with our Summit Climb climbing team and gain an insight into the world of big mountain climbing, without the technical skills of climbing on snow and ice and the pressure of the summit.
- Experience Namche Bazaar, a vibrant ‘metropolis’ at 3500m where you can eat, sleep and breathe mountain culture.
- Walk to grassy base camp at 4,500m /14,500ft on snow-free paths through the Khumbu Valley, passing green-terraced villages, rushing rivers and lush forests. Points of interest include Tengboche Monastery and the stunning views of Mount Everest.
- Stay in `teahouses’ and then camp beneath towering peaks.
- Join a group of like-minded people looking for a new challenge.
If this sounds like your mountain dream, book your place with Holly now by emailing Holly@hollybudge.com !
You can read my interview with Holly about training for Everest here.
For more information about Holly’s Trek, download her brochure at http://www.hollybudge.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/AmaDablamTrek2017v1.2.pdf